1. Insert needle all the way through the cork
2. Hold one hand below the opener on the neck of the bottle, the other hand use to pump the opener.
2. Pump 4 times
3. Then pump once more at a time until the cork comes out of the bottle.
4. Do not hold onto the clear needle protector of the opener.
5. Push the clear plastic ring on the opener from the top to the bottom to remove the cork from the needle
6. Do not put more than 10 total pumps into the bottle. In rare instances there is a defect in a wine bottle that could cause the bottle to break if too much air pressure is put in from the opener. While we can guarantee the quality of our wine openers we cannot guarantee the quality of every wine bottle.